The Upper Gatineau Whitewater Festival – What is it?
The Festival above all is a weekend of fun on the majestic Gatineau River. For 22 years, hundreds of paddlers from the four corners of Quebec, Ontario and the United States have made an annual pilgrimage to Maniwaki to participate in the Upper Gatineau Whitewater Festival. With the enthusiasm of our sponsors, volunteers and, most importantly, that of our participants, the Festival has established itself as a ‘happening’ among the most important of its kind on the continent.
Whether you are an experienced high-end paddler or if you have never set foot in a whitewater boat, we have the means to get you on the river. All you have to do is get here. We’ll look after the rest!!!
August 23, 24, 25 – 2019
211 rue Henri-Bourassa, Maniwaki
When done, click the cart icon on the upper right corner of the screen to proceed with payment.
For details of what is included in the packages or any other questions, see our frequently asked questions section.
Child packages are for humans 15 years old or less. Taxes are included in the prices.
The cart and checkout pages are in french only. Our web site provider doesn't allow us to translate those two pages. If you have any trouble going through the process, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll gladly help you.
FESTIVAL (2 DAYS)
HALF-FESTIVAL (1 DAY)
Rafting makes the Gatineau river accessible to everyone.* Only one thing is necessary to take a rafting trip down the Gatineau river: a taste for thrills!!! Once again this year, it's the Centre d'Aventure Mattawin that takes care of rafting trips at the Festival.
For more information, don't hesitate to contact the Centre d'Aventure Mattawin directly:
- Phone : 800-815-7238
- Email : email@example.com
Rafting the Gatineau river
The purchase of a rafting trip includes :
- One trip down the magnificent Gatineau river (3-4 hours)
- The gear (helmet, pfd and paddle)
- Shuttles to and from the river
- A professional guide
Build your weekend
You have the possibility to add to your experience, the meals (two breakfasts and, if you want, Saturday's supper) as well as camping and access to all the facilities and activities of the Upper Gatineau Whitewater Festival. Just add "Meals + Camping" to your cart. You could even decide to take a rafting trip on Saturday, another one on Sunday, meals and camping and live the full Upper Gatineau Whitewater Festival experience !!!
*Rafting is a sport activity of moderate intensity. Participants must weight at least 90 poinds.
The Reel Paddling Film Festival
Shuttle service to put-in
Return shuttle service
Auction and door prizes
Music and campfire
Shuttle service to put-in
Return shuttle service
Frequently Asked Questions
The Upper Gatineau Whitewater Festival – who’s it for?
The obvious answer is that ‘it’s for paddlers! But we do try to offer something for all levels of skill and experience including…
- the main 9 km run, on the Gatineau River between Maniwaki and Bouchette. This run is for whitewater paddlers with their own boat and equipment.
- the same run but accompanied by a team that knows the river and the portages.
- a park & play under the covered bridge at Grand Remous, the infamous ‘Guelle du Lion’, for high-end paddlers.
- rafting... no experience no equipment necessary.
For details concerning these four options, go to the "River" page (Coming soon...).
Our goal is to raise awareness of the importance of protecting our rivers. We think the best way to achieve this is by maximizing participation at the Festival and we do this by minimizing the ticket price of the weekend pass as much as possible. To this end the contributions in goods and services of our sponsors and the efforts of our dedicated team of volunteers are invaluable.
What is included in the package?
The festival pass includes:
- Shuttle buses for Saturday and Sunday
- Saturday and Sunday breakfasts
- Saturday evening dinner
- A tent site on the Festival grounds
- Access to all our facilities and activities
- Washrooms in the high school
- Showers in the high school (Note – hot water is rarely available)
- Additional ‘Johnny on the Spots’ on the grounds and at put-in and take-out.
- The Reel Paddling Film Festival
- Friday and Saturday nights campfire
- Music and dance floor on Saturday night
It is imperative that we cover our costs and a small profit allows us contribute to river preservation funds as well as ensuring the future of the Festival.
Where does the profit go?
All profit is donated to three entities:
- Canot Kayak Québec for the Rivers Preservation Fund
- The Foundations Rivières
- Action Plein-Air Haute-Gatineau
We offer two alternatives: single day and a no Saturday supper package.
What is the supper menu?
Included with all the options:
- One baked potato
- Macaroni salad
- Love salad
- One piece of chocolate cake
- One portion of berry crust
One slice of pork and one slice of beef served with gravy
Vegetarian chili served with corn chips